Search
  • Ruth

Steampunk Seahorse

Launch day for the fantastic new website, hurrah!

And to mark the occasion I have a layout to share!

There seems to be a bit of a trend for using alcohol inks in scrapping at the moment, so I dragged mine out of a dusty drawer to give it a go, and had some fun with them!

Alcohol inks work well on glossy surfaces so I prepped my white cardstock with a swipe of Vicki Boutin Irridescent glaze (although any shiny medium would have worked), and after it had dried I dripped on the inks to make a background.

The title is a gorgeous Jennywren cutfile cut from Kaisercraft paper (Betsy's Couture Collection P1742 - Kitten Heel), and outlined with a black pen to make it pop against the background. I also used this paper on the embellishment clusters and behind the photos. Other details, including that awesome seahorse, were fussy cut from a sheet of Stamperia paper (SBB664 Steampunk Seahorse).

I finished off with a few sparkly sequins from my stash, and some gold stickers to add date and location.



30 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All